“…then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
— 2 Chronicles 7:14
The “spiritual state of the union”? If it were a patient, it probably would have been pronounced dead on arrival—frozen in ice—no spiritual pulse at all. This is what many think, and this is what many unbelievers find reason to rejoice over. Across our nation we see:
- sexual promiscuity and perversion and rampant abortion;
- television and movies, with all of their terrible demonstrations of every kind and imaginable sin;
- terrorism threatening our lives;
- a scandalous educational system that seems more bent on producing unbelief in God, secularism, and permissiveness than teaching students how to read and write;
- endemic corruption in business corporations;
- the threat of crime, violent or otherwise.
But God gives the solution for a nation gone astray. He says, “When I shut up the heaven and there is no rain, or when I command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence on My people, if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land” (2 Chronicles 7:13-14). May God give the grace that enough of His people will seek His face for true positive transformation throughout the land.
Heavenly Father, we have lost our way as a nation. Forgive us for in any way
being a part of the problem and not a part of the solution. Lord, give me strength
for today to help pave the way toward a true national revival…
BY GOD’S STRENGTH, WE CAN LIVE
A LIFE OF PURITY IN AN IMPURE WORLD.